Convert qcow to raw?

Yesterday I installed the latest update of Docker for Mac, and I saw that the changelog stated clearly that there are several performance-wide improvements when using raw disks (compared to qcow).
The changelog states that a complete reset (remove all data) is required in order to use the new raw format.

Is there a way I can convert my qcow disk to raw without removing all my containers?

I have reset, uninstalled, everything. It keeps recreating the qcow2 image file, not raw. I too saw it in the changelog and had read about the advantages so I’m quite confused…

PS: Running 10.13.2, on an SSD, with APFS, and Docker 17.12.0-ce-mac47.

This isn’t going to help you much, but i wanted to mention that the conversion to “raw” worked for me. I used “remove all data” today, and when Docker restarted, the (now empty) disk image in Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/ is now “Docker.raw” (for future reference, this location is apparently going to be renamed in Docker 17.13). I’m on High Sierra 10.13.3, Docker 17.12.0-ce-mac49 (stable). I also have “Experimental features” enabled in the Docker settings.

I can’t say whether it’s any faster or not since I keep all data outside of the containers, so I can throw them away instead of version upgrading. The containers collectively use ~17% of my system load and that didn’t change.