Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Could not find a test logger with AssemblyQualifiedName, URI or FriendlyName 'html'

Hello, I can’t generate html report in linux container. Its possible to generate only trx report

dotnet vstest AutomaticTests.dll /Tests:SolutionFinderUpdated_ClearAll /ResultsDirectory:"./" /Logger:"trx"

But if I change Logger:“trx” to Logger:“html” I got this error:

Could not find a test logger with AssemblyQualifiedName, URI or FriendlyName 'html'.

Above command works on my system but not inside docker

I would like to suggest an addition to the Junit reports examples. I had been looking for a way to get test reports from .Net into gitlab and ended up creating a new logger package that integrates directly with vstest based on one that already existed for the Nunit format. I saw a couple other options for accomplishing the same thing by modifying trx reports, but think this is probably a better long term option. Microsoft’s docs concerning this are here.
I saw #28798 and think perhaps this can save the effort of adding trx parsing to GitLab.
I have run a few dozen pipelines on a private gitlab instance (CE 11.11.8) across several projects and everything looks good at this point. That said, this is brand new, so I could throw together an public example project or something to show that it works.
Let me know what you think, or if you need clarification on the proposed change.