Docker compose crashing Xorg with every container

Starting a Docker container on Linux Mint 19 logs host out by crashing xorg

As the title describes, any time I start a container (hello-world excluded) running linux mint 19 my system logs out, shows a black screen with starting bpfilter then goes to the log in prompt. When I log back in, the containers are running, but because of the session crash I have to reload all my applications and my company docker script can’t finish running, so the containers are all broken in some way and are basically useless. I end and restart containers multiple times a day and need docker to do the automated tests for my job. I recently switched from a mac to linux and running docker on mac had no problems like this, and I’m the only one on my team using Linux so I can’t say if another has issues like this. Waiting to hear back from a senior engineer for his experience with our docker set up process on Linux, but as far as I can tell, it’s just a docker compose command with a few added docker exec commands (which aren’t running because of the xorg crash) to automate the setup process for our software.

I originally posted to the subreddit and they referred me here after having me share my xorg logs. Lookinf into the log files, I caused another crash, and the logs showed the following:

16:14:02 dbus-daemon: [session uid=1000 pid=1689] Successfully activated service 'org.gnome.Logs'
16:13:55 pkexec: pam_unix(polkit-1:session): session opened for user root by (uid=1000)
16:13:53 cinnamon-killer: Bound Cinnamon restart to <Primary><Shift>Escape.
16:13:50 pulseaudio: [pulseaudio] backend-ofono.c: Failed to register as a handsfree audio agent with ofono: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.ofono was not provided by any .service files
16:13:49 at-spi-bus-laun: SpiRegistry daemon is running with well-known name - org.a11y.atspi.Registry
16:13:49 at-spi-bus-laun: SpiRegistry daemon is running with well-known name - org.a11y.atspi.Registry
16:13:49 at-spi-bus-laun: dbus-daemon[1787]: Successfully activated service 'org.a11y.atspi.Registry'
16:13:49 at-spi-bus-laun: dbus-daemon[1787]: Activating service name='org.a11y.atspi.Registry' requested by ':1.123' (uid=1000 pid=6556 comm="cinnamon-session --session cinnamon " label="unconfined")
16:13:36 goa-daemon: secret_password_lookup_sync() failed: The name :1.9 was not provided by any .service files
16:13:36 goa-daemon: secret_password_lookup_sync() failed: The name :1.9 was not provided by any .service files
16:13:36 goa-daemon: Remote error from secret service: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.9 was not provided by any .service files
16:13:35 goa-daemon: secret_password_lookup_sync() failed: The name :1.9 was not provided by any .service files
16:13:35 goa-daemon: Remote error from secret service: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.9 was not provided by any .service files
16:13:35 at-spi-bus-laun:       after 13807 requests (13807 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
16:13:35 at-spi-bus-laun:       after 13807 requests (13807 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
16:13:35 at-spi-bus-laun: XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
16:13:35 systemd: gnome-terminal-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
16:13:35 systemd: gnome-terminal-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
16:13:35 systemd: gnome-terminal-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
16:13:35 gnome-terminal-: gnome-terminal-server: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0. 

You can see that the crash happens right away, and says: gnome-terminal-server: Fatal IO error 11

I don’t get this at all. Super confused as to where to go with this.

What’s going on? Any ideas?