Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Docker Compose through SSH failing and referring to docker.example.com

Hello!
I’m done with configuring Dockerfile and Docker Compose for my deployment and whenever I test it on the local machine it is perform cool - everything loads properly.

But when I try to deploy using ssh, I’m getting this very strange error:

error during connect: Post "http://docker.example.com/v1.24/build?buildargs=%7B%7D&cachefrom=%5B%5D&cgroupparent=&cpuperiod=0&cpuquota=0&cpusetcpus=&cpusetmems=&cpushares=0&dockerfile=Dockerfile&labels=%7B%7D&memory=0&memswap=0&networkmode=default&rm=1&shmsize=0&t=project_web&target=&ulimits=null&version=1": write |1: broken pipe

Why does it try to post on docker.example.com? Where is my mistake?
Docker-compose and docker are running properly on remote machine… So how to get rid of this strange exception?

What command are you using for that?

I’m using this: docker-compose up -d
I’ve added DOCKER_HOST variable to my environment variables, so it uses needed machine as I can see.

Just to be 100% sure, for others who may be able to help: so you’re running docker-compose up -d on your local machine to start the services on the remote machine? And all you’ve configured is DOCKER_HOST? Which, I assume, does not refer to example.com, and the error message is really mentioning that domain?

Yus, exactly as you’ve said!