Docker Desktop Service not showing and not run in Ubuntu 24.04 ("Noble Numbat")

I installed Docker Desktop according to the instruction given int this link - Install Docker Desktop on Ubuntu | Docker Docs

OS - Ubuntu 24.04 (“Noble Numbat”)

When I run systemctl --user start docker-desktop it is not opening. When I check in services, there are no services with docker-desktop name.

Docker is working fine. I can check docker images using sudo docekr ps command.

How can I solve this issue? How should I troubleshoot this? @meyay

You will probably not get a quicker response from a moderator or any helper by mentioning them. Check the following topic for a workaround and to find the related github issue:

As I wrote this many times, the documentation still doesn’t mention Ubuntu 24.04. A discussion is in progress about supporting it.

I already check below sites and I tried several suggestions. After that I post this because these are not working.

https://www.reddit.com/r/docker/comments/129miky/docker_desktop_does_not_run_on_ubuntu_2004/

I found these:

• can not find this file /etc/xdg/systemd/user/docker-desktop.service
  • Not run docker-desktop.service service
  • No file in /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/docker.service
    *Docker run but not docker desktop
  • systemctl --user start docker-desktop and systemctl --user force-reload docker-desktop not working
  • When run /opt/docker-desktop/bin/com.docker.backend, it show only staring the docker engine.
  • This not working systemctl --user enable docker-desktop
  • KVM virtualization check using lsmod | grep kvm. It is ok.

This commands only works but temporary.

$ sudo sysctl -w kernel.apparmor_restrict_unprivileged_userns=0
$ systemctl --user restart docker-desktop

Yes. And there is a solution for that in the topic I linked.

I won’t be able to help you in a new topic either. We can’t fix it. Docker Desktop is not mentioned in the documentation. The issue is known so it is up to the developers to fix it. As you can see on GitHub, even when the author of the issue set the kernel parameter, Docker Desktop was not stable after some time.