Docker eureka java spring boot

Hi all,

I could really use some help with this one, I’ve been working on it for a few days and still get no joy.

I have an SOA system with a few docker images deployed onto an ubuntu box 16.04 running docker
Client:
Version: 18.03.0-ce
API version: 1.37
Go version: go1.9.4
Git commit: 0520e24
Built: Wed Mar 21 23:10:01 2018
OS/Arch: linux/amd64
Experimental: false
Orchestrator: swarm

Server:
Engine:
Version: 18.03.0-ce
API version: 1.37 (minimum version 1.12)
Go version: go1.9.4
Git commit: 0520e24
Built: Wed Mar 21 23:08:31 2018
OS/Arch: linux/amd64
Experimental: false

Everything is working fine and as you would expect, all of the services are communicating with each other and there are no issues.

I have taken a copy of the services and changed things like port numbers project names and DB connection details but everything else is the same as the original projects (don’t ask why, it had to be done this way).

They have been deployed into an ubuntu server running the same version as the original server host and also running the same docker version. The docker images of the projects have been created and when they are running as containers they all talk to the eureka server as expected. I can ping any of the images from any of the images. The configuration for this server is the same as for the original server (The one with the working projects). So everything that I can think of is the same and as expected when you look at the files.

So what’s happening is that a user attempts to access a website, this checks the authentication status and redirects to an authentication service, this in turn provides the custom login page to the user. After authentication the user is then redirected back to the original URL where they are presented with the expected page. I the original server this all works as expected but not in the new server.

The issue that I have is that the redirect to the authentication service stops after redirecting from the web system.
I have also taken copies of the original SOA services, created docker images and run them, the original services failed at exactly the same point. I’m kind of thinking that there is something wrong in the new server but have no idea what it could be or where to go in order to rule out docker as the cause.

Anyone who has come across this before and how was it resolved? I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Many thanks