Docker/MySQL replication fails with connection error when server has second IP address

Actually I do have an other idea. It is hard to follow each topic when I read multiple topics and I don’t remember all of the previous posts, so I didn’t ask about your Docker installation thinking that you already shared the output of

docker version

Can you do that now? :slight_smile: You should install docker-ce from the repository provided by Docker, Inc, but Ubuntu has its own repository and also a snap package.

The output is

Client: Docker Engine - Community
  Version:           20.10.21
  API version:       1.41
  Go version:        go1.18.7
  Git commit:        baeda1f
  Built:             Tue Oct 25 18:01:58 2022
  OS/Arch:           linux/amd64
  Context:           default
  Experimental:      true

Server: Docker Engine - Community
  Engine:
    Version:          20.10.21
    API version:      1.41 (minimum version 1.12)
    Go version:       go1.18.7
    Git commit:       3056208
    Built:            Tue Oct 25 17:59:49 2022
    OS/Arch:          linux/amd64
    Experimental:     false
  containerd:
    Version:          1.6.10
    GitCommit:        770bd0108c32f3fb5c73ae1264f7e503fe7b2661
  runc:
    Version:          1.1.4
    GitCommit:        v1.1.4-0-g5fd4c4d
  docker-init:
    Version:          0.19.0
    GitCommit:        de40ad0

This is what Plesk installs automatically

It looks like that it’s the Docker package Ubuntu Jammy 22.04 (LTS) which is installed by Plesk.

It doesn’t look like a snap package, but you can still try to run

snap list | grep docker

to see if I am wrong.

I am not sure what it means :slight_smile: Do you mean it was installed from the repository of Ubuntu?

Since I don’t know Plesk, I think you could try to ask on a Plesk forum and link this topic to show this discussion. It could help them to see what you tried and that I suspected it was something Plesk specific. I could still be wrong, but I don’t have more ideas. We both use Ubuntu and it works for me and not for you.

returns an empty result. But with apt-get update it shows me

W: https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/dists/jammy/InRelease: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details.

and on https://docs.docker.com/engine/install/ubuntu/#install-using-the-repository I found this:

OS requirements
To install Docker Engine, you need the 64-bit version of one of these Ubuntu versions:

Ubuntu Kinetic 22.10
Ubuntu Jammy 22.04 (LTS)
Ubuntu Focal 20.04 (LTS)
Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 (LTS)
Docker Engine is compatible with x86_64 (or amd64), armhf, arm64, and s390x architectures.

That’s where my assumption come from what Plesk had installed. Thank you very much for your support and all the time you spent to give me help. I really appreciate this! I will follow your suggestion and ask in the Plesk forum.