Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Docker Slow Pull of Layer

Hi dear community,

We are hosting private docker registry on different remote network and experiencing some pull issues.Now overall scenario is imagine 3 different remote networks.1 and 2 networks are clients and locate on same country 3rd network is docker registry and locates on different country that clients.Now 1st client has like 936.75Mbps(Latency: 1.47 ms (0.12 ms jitter)) download speed and almost has no issues pulling docker images.But second client network has a bit slower (generally high) internet speed like 100Mbps(Latency: 1.44 ms (0.55 ms jitter)).Now this second client has pulling issues like sometimes pull starts fast on some layers then one of the layers(this layer always changes ,not same layers) starts pulling very-very slowly like Kilobayts per second and that pulls takes a lot of time to pull.If I am lucky docker will retry pulling of layer and right after this retry layer pulls fastly or I would need to restart docker service, restarting docker service helps for that particular time(but very bad idea to restart docker on production).I have 3 questions
1)What can be the reason for this problem? is there any way to full debug pull process?
2)How can I customize retry interval for docker layers?
3Is there any way to force docker retry image pull without restarting docker(image pulls are done by kubernetes so pull works somewhere in background)