Client:
Version: 1.11.1
API version: 1.23
Go version: go1.5.4
Git commit: 5604cbe
Built: Wed Apr 27 00:34:20 2016
OS/Arch: darwin/amd64
Error response from daemon: Bad response from Docker engine

Solution I reset the installation (from settings) and that cleared the error.

I had the issue when I woke up my computer from an overnight sleep.
After a computer reboot things started working again.

Also might be related to this known beta bug:

Docker.app sometimes uses 200% CPU after OS X wakes up from sleep mode. The issue is being investigated. The workaround is to restart Docker.app.

1 Like

I installed the latest version(Version 1.11.1-beta13.1 (build: 8193)) of Docker for Mac. I tried restarting the app and even restarted my mac.
But all i get is bad response from docker engine whenever i run any docker command. (docker ps)
Kindly suggest what should be my next steps.

docker version
Client:
Version: 1.11.1
API version: 1.23
Go version: go1.5.4
Git commit: 5604cbe
Built: Wed Apr 27 00:34:20 2016

I am having the exact same issue.

Version 1.11.1

Edit Update:

Resetting to factory defaults in the docker menu fixed the issue.

Was having the exact same issue with OS X: version 10.11.4 (build: 15E65) & Docker.app: version v1.11.1-beta13.1. Factory reset also resolved it for me.

When I reset it to factory settings, I lost the images and containers created on docker mac native client.
I do have the images from docker default vm box machine.

I’m getting the same error now after my mac recovered from a failure. I tried the “Reset to factory settings” with no success.

➜ ~ docker version
Client:
Version: 1.12.0-rc2
API version: 1.24
Go version: go1.6.2
Git commit: 906eacd
Built: Fri Jun 17 20:35:33 2016
Experimental: true

I have since then restarted my mac and reset factory settings twice, is there any logs I can check?

Hi,

Were you running the old Docker setup, i.e. Docker-tool box? If you were
then please make sure
you don’t have any of the previous setup being executed, especially
DOCKER_* env setup.

I also checked that, it seems to have recovered now on its own, weird.

Yeah this kills me…Restored factory settings, it worked, but the heck when it went to sleep mode it crashed again. Can’t keep on resetting, because we lose images and containers.

Yeah, the same bug it’s happing with me. When Mac in is sleep mode all containers are crashed. Any solutions for this bug?

Same here.
Diagnostic ID:
BC706F58-CFC2-4D8A-B6D5-8D2DD22F9F1F

I’m also encountering this error. I was building some new images yesterday. I updated to the latest 1.12.0.-rc3 (Mac beta) and now all docker commands I have tried result in this error. I’m going to try the Uninstall/Reset option, but I hope I don’t need to rely on doing that.

Edit: I did the reset, and things worked again. Just lost all my images :frowning:

I also got this issue today on Docker for Mac with build 10871. Put OSX to sleep, crash on wake, docker daemon no longer properly functioning. A factory reset sorted it, but the loss of all images and volumes is painful if this is going to be happening on a regular basis.

restart docker but not os x works for me.

Hi
How to find previous docker setup?

Anyone have any other solutions here? I’m still having this same issue - any other tips? I find working on Windows with Docker quite tricky

On latest update i keep getting this error after each successfully docker-compose build and also high CPU usage.

OS version: 12.2 Monterey
Docker version 4.4.2 (73305)
Engine: 20.10.12
Compose: v2.2.3