'DockerDesktopVM' failed to start because one of Hyper-V components is not running

Hi,
I am trying to install Docker Desktop on a Windows Server.
When I install the latest version of Docker (4.18) it installs correctly, but when I start Docker I get this error:

System.InvalidOperationException:
job failed with message: 'DockerDesktopVM' failed to start. (Virtual machine ID 695379F7-BB72-4FE9-BC36-8A623407DA9E)

The Virtual Machine Management Service failed to start the virtual machine 'DockerDesktopVM' because one of the Hyper-V components is not running (Virtual machine ID 695379F7-BB72-4FE9-BC36-8A623407DA9E).
   at Docker.Backend.HyperVInfrastructure.HandleUpdatedJob(CIMConcreteJob updatedJob) in C:\workspaces\PR-21378\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Backend\HyperV\HyperVInfrastructure.cs:line 780
   at Docker.Backend.HyperVInfrastructure.<HandleMaybeAsyncJob>d__40.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-21378\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Backend\HyperV\HyperVInfrastructure.cs:line 714
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Docker.Backend.HyperVInfrastructure.<StartVMAsync>d__32.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-21378\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Backend\HyperV\HyperVInfrastructure.cs:line 554
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Docker.Backend.HyperV.<StartAsync>d__6.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-21378\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Backend\HyperV\HyperV.cs:line 106
   at Docker.Backend.HttpAPI.HyperVController.<StartAsync>d__7.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-21378\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Backend\HttpAPI\HyperVController.cs:line 49
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<CastToObject>d__1`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext()

I have tried solutions from many forums, such as reinstalling docker, restarting Hyper-V, etc.
None of these solutions worked for me. I have also tried to install the virtual machine through commands and it didn’t work either.
Windows Server Version is: Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763.
I hope you can help me,
Best regards

Docker Desktop is for development and not supported on Windows Server.

Hi!
Thanks for your answer.
Why i found diferents videos on YouTube for install Docker Desktop on Windows Server 2019?
This is an exemple: Docker Desktop Installation on Windows Server 2019 - YouTube
Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot to come back after the notification.

I don’t know. Probably because people find a way to install it, but if it is not supported, even if it works today, it might not work tomorrow. If you check the official documentation, Docker Desktop on Windows server is never mentioned (at least I never found it) in the documentation of Microsoft or Docker. To support a software the developers have to consider all the possible configurations on the system to make sure it works for everyone and even if something happens, you get an error message because they expect it. There are bug reports related to supported operating systems too, so I would not install it on a non-supported OS. Or maybe I would try, but wouldn’t expect it to work for a long time and be stable.

If you find a link to an official documentation which says Docker Desktop should work on Windows Server, please share it :slight_smile: