Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Error when I create a container

docker

(Jiml3993) #1

Hi,

I upgraded my docker to 1.8.3 two days ago and I got the “winpty” thing but it seems to have a weird behavior. I have multiple images :

REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED VIRTUAL SIZE
gsk/enable-app latest ba96e70c10ba 47 hours ago 1.064 GB
gsk/enable-db latest 2ea3fa8406ea 47 hours ago 6.878 GB
gsk/enable-ftp latest af2735f3cd66 47 hours ago 359.8 MB

In order to run the container for gsk/enable-ftp, I used
winpty docker run -d -p 21:21 -p 30000-30009:30000-30009 --name enable-ftp gsk/enable-ftp
it worked.

In order to run the container for gsk/enable-db, I used
winpty docker run -d -p 1521:1521 --name enable-db gsk/enable-db
it worked.

But here comes the weird behavior, for gsk/enable-app I used :

winpty docker run --rm -it -p 8787:8787 -p 80:8080 -p 443:8443 --link enable-db:enable-db --link enable-ftp:enable-ftp --name enable-app gsk/enable-app

and it don’t want to and send me this error:

Unable to find image 'gsk\enable-app:latest' locally repository name component must match "[a-z0-9]+(?:[._-][a-z0-9]+)*"

I don’t understand why he returned me this because the first two containers where properly running and usable from Kitematics, but if I want to use the third one I must create it using its IMAGE ID and it won’t save the container for Kitematics and I will have to rerun it each time I wan’t to launch it :disappointed:

I search through some posts about this issue but none of them were working in my case.

If anybody has a solution I will be glad to hear it :slight_smile: It’s not “workblocking” but it’s inconvenient I’ll say :wink:

Have a nice day !