Find where some files are stored docker synology nas

Allthough I have some containers running I do not understand everything (read : a very little) of docker.
I have Home Assistant running in docker.An automation stores files to a folder. However I cannot find this folder so I assume it is stored somewhere I don’t have access to in the “normal” synology file manager.

With putty I found a directory called /volume1/@docker/btrfs#/subvolumes and after that a lot of subfolders with very, very long names:
I suppose those subfolders where created when I created a container.
When I use portainer, and I go to the container that created the files with home assistant, a long id is shown, but it seems it is not the name of the subfolder (subvolume) ? cd “longstring” gives an error.

So I have two questions :

1. How can I tell what subvolume belongs to what container
  2. Because I expect that a lot of those subvolumes are not necessary anymore, can I delete them with rmdir “longstring” , and how can I tell what subvolume belongs to what container? I assume every subvolume takes some diskspace.

Forgive me my poor english
Thanks in advancd

How did you create your containers?
Using the Synology-UI? Check the volume tab of your container details. If you don’t map a host folder (=must be a folder withing a shared folder) to a container folder, all data is written into the container filesystem.

The host folder you mapped is the place where you’d expect the permanent data to be stored.

I have the same issue - I did map this, but somehow this must have been wrong, because I cannot find any of the files. After installing through the terminal, I succeeded in making the installation correct.

So if the folders are not mapped correctly the files are not to be found on the DSM, I’m guessing it is running locally on the docker then somehow?

With the details you shared, the only thing I can respond is: it works, if done right.