Hardware for local docker production server

Hi all!
In the past i used Docker a lot on cloud, but i always wanted to have my own hardware box :wink:
I need some advise on the hardware for running docker on premise, i own small business and i want to have a box near me , so i dont plan to put it in cloud yet :wink:
Following in my plan to build following hardware

Mainboard: ASUS H110I-Plus
Ram: 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill [Aegis] DDR4-3000 CL16
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K Quad-Core Socket 1151 (4x 3,8GHz) Kabylake with
Custom cooler Noctua NH-U9B SE2
Harddrive: 512GB Apacer AS350 Panther
Case: Silverstone Raven Z RVZ03
DC supply SilverStone Strider Essential SST-ST50F-ES230 500W

Docker itself would consist only one instance a web app java application, it takes like 4 Gb (on max performance) of ram.
I have pretty good internet bandwidth.
This server would be public available ,so i definitely install a Linux with high security config.
Any recommendations are appreciated.

I am surprised that someone with cloud experience would even consider a single server solution for production. Running docker in production without providing enough compute nodes that allows a scheduler (swarm, kubernetes, something else) to detect and heal node outage seems more like a homelab solution to me. Though, even my homelabs (swarm/kubernetes) have 3 manager/master nodes each.

Is this shopping list the result of messuring the actual ressource/io demands of your application(s) + overhead for the scheduler?

Dont be surprise, Docker is a flexible technology.
I did run my application on almost any famous cloud platforms and result was kind of not so much predictable in the way of monthly costs, now i run still cloud with IBM, but fear that pattern of cost would repeat.
When i have my own hardware on premises, than sure i have cost upfront for hardware and my work time, but as small business owner i can easily write those hardware cost back trough my taxes system.
The costs for energy is not issue. When my situation change i definitely put stuff back to cloud and this kind of power of docker.
I dont need Kubernetes at the moment, i have pretty small application use case :wink:

So basicly you are saying that you don’t require self healing on node outage and that you already planned for enough capacity in all regards…

Well, It seems I don’t understand at all what you are looking for.
Anyway, good luck with your endover!

So anyone have similar hardware setup?
Does anyone running docker on site (small business) and how was your experience?