Hello world image fails to start on linux virtualized on a mac

I’m running an arm based ubuntu on a macbook with an m3 pro. I set up the virtualization with utm and rosetta. I also enabled multilib support, and installed the amd version of docker. I followed this guide: The guide where.it works
After running the following commad:

docker run hello-world

I get the following:

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: waiting for init preliminary setup: read init-p: connection reset by peer: unknown.

Could somebody help me out please?

1 Like

We had a similar report recently where Docker was not installed the official way

I’m still waiting for new replies there. Please, share how Docker was installed in your virtual machine (Ok, I missed the link). I have a MacBook with the M1 cpu and I used Multipass to run the latest Docker in an Ubuntu virtual machine. I couldn’t reproduce the issue there.

Since I don’t see the installation method in the linked blogpost, only metnioning Docker was “enabled”, I assume it was installed from Ubuntu’s own repository which is not the official way and that instals docker.io

This is the official way