How can i stop deleting and reinstalling Docker for Mac because Kubernetes won't start anymore?

I start to get a REALLY tired of having to completely remove Docker Desktop for Mac every time Kubernetes is forever stuck at “Starting”. I have investigated and searched on Google and have found three things:

1. Nobody knows why this is happening
  2. This has been happening for years now
  3. The only way to resolve this is a complete wipe and reinstall.

So my question is: What is causing this and how do i get Docker for Mac again running properly including Kubernetes?

1. That is probably true
  2. I don’t know about that, but possible
  3. I am sure it is not true, because I had this problem multiple times recently. In some cases it happenes multiple times in a day when I change configurations and install alternative softwares. First time I gave up and some days later I tried something again and worked

This is what I do when Kubernetes can’t start:

1. Reset Kubernetes
  2. Disable Kubernetes
  3. Enable Kubernetes.
  4. If the above doesn’t help, I disable Kubernetes again and stop Docker.
  5. I start Docker again
  6. Go to the settings and enable Kubernetes. At this point it is usually works.

To be honest, I am not sure if it is Kubernetes which cannot start or only the Desktop cannot tell me if it has already started. Last time I saw it was “starting” for minutes, so I went to the terminal and listed containers. Kubernetes was actually running. Then I went back to the Desktop and it showed me “Running”.

I still don’t know wwhat is the reason of this issue, but I don’t remember more then one case when I had to reinstall Docker Desktop on my Mac.

So I recommend you to enable showing Kubernetes containers from terminal and check the containers from there. If you see everything is running and if my solution doesn’t work for you, you can also delete the ~/.kube/config and try the steps again. It should recreate the config file but I am not sure about that so don’t start with this.

I hope the steps I described above will help you too.