Internal Error after installing on second account: com.docker.osx.xhyve.linux failed to start

Expected behavior

I should be able to install (or use) and run Docker on two different accounts on the same computer.

Actual behavior

After installing docker as user1 and using it successfully, I switched to user2, clicked on the already installed app, re-enter invitation code, and get internal error at start.

As shown by info below, clearly an issue with permissions.

Information

From my system log:

0002.000005f4: remove /var/tmp/com.docker.vsock/00000002.000005f4: permission denied Apr 29 08:28:25 AV-dkarchmer-1 Docker[8659] <Notice>: Notified of termination of com.docker.osx.xhyve.linux Apr 29 08:28:25 AV-dkarchmer-1 Docker[8659] <Notice>: com.docker.osx.xhyve.linux terminated with exit code 1 Apr 29 08:28:26 AV-dkarchmer-1 Docker[8659] <Notice>: Attempting to restart com.docker.osx.xhyve.linux #5 Apr 29 08:28:26 AV-dkarchmer-1 Docker[8659] <Notice>: com.docker.osx.xhyve.linux launched with PID 8687 Apr 29 08:28:26 AV-dkarchmer-1 Docker[8687] <Notice>: Acquired task manager lock Apr 29 08:28:26 AV-dkarchmer-1 Docker[8687] <Critical>: Failed to remove existing socket on /var/tmp/com.docker.vsock/00000002.000005f4: remove /var/tmp/com.docker.vsock/00000002.000005f4: permission denied Apr 29 08:28:26 AV-dkarchmer-1 Docker[8659] <Notice>: Notified of termination of com.docker.osx.xhyve.linux Apr 29 08:28:26 AV-dkarchmer-1 Docker[8659] <Notice>: com.docker.osx.xhyve.linux terminated with exit code 1 Apr 29 08:28:26 AV-dkarchmer-1 Docker[8659] <Critical>: com.docker.osx.xhyve.linux failed to start

• the output of:
    • pinata diagnose -u on OSX

[ERROR] docker-cli Permission denied (EACCES) connecting to /var/run/docker.sock: check permissions [ERROR] docker-cli Permission denied (EACCES) connecting to /var/tmp/docker.sock: check permissions Error docker ps: timeout after 10.00s [ERROR] docker-cli docker ps failed: Misc.Failure [OK] docker-cli [ERROR] Moby booted /Users/david/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/console-ring does not exist [OK] Moby booted [ERROR] driver.amd64-linux Docker.app/Contents/MacOS/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux -db is not running [OK] driver.amd64-linux [OK] vmnetd [ERROR] osxfs com.docker.osxfs is not running [OK] osxfs [ERROR] db Permission denied (EACCES) connecting to /var/tmp/com.docker.db.socket: check permissions [ERROR] db com.docker.db is not running [OK] db [ERROR] slirp Permission denied (EACCES) connecting to /var/tmp/com.docker.port.socket: check permissions [ERROR] slirp com.docker.slirp is not running [OK] slirp [OK] menubar [OK] environment [OK] Docker [OK] VT-x Error docker ps: got timeout (docker ps: exit 1) Thread 6 killed on uncaught exception Misc.Failure Docker logs are being collected into /tmp/20160429-083548.tar.gz Most specific failure is: com.docker.slirp is not running Your unique id is: 46BB56F8-7E2D-45DC-94FF-8097EA004739 Please quote this in all correspondence.

• host distribution and version ( OSX 10.10.x, OSX 10.11.x, Windows, etc )

OSX 10.11.4

Steps to reproduce the behavior

1. I have two accounts on the same computer (say, user1 and user2)
  2. I installed Docker as user1 and it worked while logged as user1
  3. I then switched to user2, and clicked on the Docker app icon to start. Docker will ask again for invitation code and go through migration process
    4.- Get Internal Error and exit
    5.- Start again, and get IE again after a couple of seconds

I’m replying because I have the same issue.

On my MacBook Pro I have a personal account and a work account. I like to keep a clear separation.

My expectation is that when I fire up docker, each account will get its own instance/vm.

Failing that, I would like to kill the other user’s instance - maybe by using a privileged command.

I have the same issue and now docker app refuses to start on both accounts.
Tried deleting the affected files, still no good.

I guess I’m a little more fortunate in that mine still works from the original account.

OTOH: I wouldn’t expect it to work on two accounts at the same time.

Hasheno, is that the case even after a reboot?

In my case, the original account (i.e. the account I used for original installation of the docker beta) works, and the second account never works. Not sure if always, but at least in some cases, once I login to the second account, the first account stops working until I reboot.