Linux and Windows images

Hi all,

Quick questions as I seem to be struggling with Docker on windows 2106 version 1709, I am trying to run both Linux and windows at the same time. I am able to run a Linux image buy switching the Docker demons / service. via the PowerShell command

[Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable(“LCOW_SUPPORTED”, “1”, “Machine”)

but when this is run I am then unable to run any widows images. once this is set back to a window pipe. via the command

[Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable(“LCOW_SUPPORTED”, $null, “Machine”)

I can then run windows but not Linux.

each time I swap the value of the variable I have to restart the Docker service and this kills any running image.

I am starting to think its not possible to run both at the same time am I way of the mark or have I missed something simple?

any info would be helpful

I haven’t seen any official statement, but I believe it is as simple as “If you could run both at the same time, why do you need to switch between them?”

In my experience so far, you cannot run both at the same time.

Hi Jcoop i should of updated this one last week, you are bang on at this moment its not possible to run bot a Linux session and a windows session at the same time, found out the hard way. i hope this changes going forward as it mean its possible to keep the host os standard in all host.

Rich