Load metadata for docker causing an error

Hi, I’ve come back after a week of not using WSL and Docker and now running into this issue. Docker desktop might have got updated in the mean time but no other changes. Im a newbie with Docker so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

> [internal] load metadata for docker.io/library/mysql:5.7:
------
failed to solve with frontend dockerfile.v0: failed to create LLB definition: failed to authorize: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = failed to fetch oauth token: Get "https://auth.docker.io/token?scope=repository%3Alibrary%2Fmysql%3Apull&service=registry.docker.io": dial tcp 34.192.204.44:443: i/o timeout
ERROR: Service 'db' failed to build : Build failed
make: *** [Makefile:21: up] Error 1

Just a quick tip. I have run into the issue when the WSL distro got an IP address after some reboot which collided one of the docker networks. So the gateway was unavailable and the WSL distro did not have internet access. It can happen since WSL doesn’t know about the interfaces before Windows assigns the IP address. If this is the case, you can delete the colliding Docker network and recreate it or reboot Windows so the WSL can get a new IP address. To make it work in a permanent way you could create a network adapter on Windows (using Virtualbox or other tools you are familiar with) which covers the following IP range so Windows cannot assign it to WSL: 172.16.0.0/12