Meshcentral Docker container on a Synology NAS

Docker newbie asking for help.

I have been spending the last few days days trying to install a Docker container for Meshcentral on a Synology NAS. Meshcentral is version 1.0.36.

Synology 718+; DSM 7.1-42661 Update 2

In my LAN, I have gotten Meshcentral with agents working fine on a Raspberry Pi using the “npm” install command in the terminal but would like to have it on a Docker container on the NAS.

The Meshcentral install on the NAS works fine for no-agent access with RDP and VNC, but not with the agent!

I have tried several images of Meshcentral, but the one that most reliably installs, yet does not work with the agents is: Docker.

So, I don’t know if the problem is a permissions problem on the NAS or port problem or, obviously something I don’t know about.

Can someone please give me a tip of where to look for a solution. I will provide config.json and whatever files you might deem useful.

Hello,

Came across your post when I was search for a solutions to same issue.

Know this is kind of old, let me know if you still need help. I was able to get it working and can provide docker imaged used, json settings, DSM reverse proxy and port forwarding.

I’m running DSM 7.0.1-xxxx on DS2415+

Yes, please, I would like to know the solution for the NAS. I got Rustdesk working in a Docker container, but it does not offer the features of Meshcentral.

Sorry. As a new user I’m unable to upload attachments and limited to 2 links per post.

I was going to upload PDF with the steps and settings. Perhaps I can DM you the PDF file, not sure if that’s an option.

Below is link to PDF on google drive.They’re the steps I used to install meshcentral docker container and settings for json, DSM reverse proxy and port forwarding. Settings should work for you as well.

Excelent help!
There is however an extra step needed to get websockets working:

• Open Control Panel of DSM
  • Go to Application Portal
  • Select the existing meshcentral proxy rule
  • Click on Edit
  • Click on Custom Header
  • Click on Create
  • Select WebSocket
  • It will add two entries in the list:
    “Name: “Upgrade”, Value: “$http_upgrade””
    “Name: “Connection”, Value: “$connection_upgrade”:”
  • Click on Save

And you’re done! Websockets will now function from WAN.

1 Like

Hi
i am using your doc , and almost there,

get this error
failed to deploy a stack: services.container_name must be a mapping

any thougts ?

Frans

Well, without knowing what you actually did, the only way is guessing. Since “container_name” should be a parameter of a service and not the “services” section, your yaml indentation must be wrong. Make sure the indentation is right since it is used in a yaml instead of parenthesis.

Thanks so much - I couldn´t reach Meshcentral from WAN !