Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Mounts denied: file does not exist after docker update

After update to docker 20.10.0 build 7287ab3 and docker-compose 1.27.4 build 40524192, I’ve got the error:

ERROR: for 3dcfb1990fce_descarte_server Cannot start service server: Mounts denied: approving /Users/jonataslizandro/Desktop/projetos/descarte/api: file does not exist

The mentioned path exists and is a folder, not a file.

My docker-compose.yml is the same as it worked before the update:

version: '3'
services:
  server:
    container_name: descarte_server
    restart: always
    build: '.'
    entrypoint: ./.docker/entrypoint.sh
    volumes:
      - ./:/api
    depends_on:
      - database
    links:
      - database
    ports:
      - '3333:3333'

  database:
    image: postgres:12.0-alpine
    container_name: descarte_db
    restart: always
    environment:
      POSTGRES_DB: descarte
      POSTGRES_USER: descarte
      POSTGRES_PASSWORD: descarte
    ports:
      - '5432:5432'
    volumes:
      - descarte-pg:/var/lib/postgresql/data

  adminer:
    image: adminer
    restart: always
    ports:
      - 8080:8080

volumes:
    descarte-pg:

It’s also occurs in all of my projects.

Anyone can help?

3 Likes

I have been seeing the same thing just now also.

Yep, happening for me as well since Docker 3 upgrade today.

Workaround:

Uninstall 3.0.0 desktop
Go to Docker Release Notes
Find and install the 2.5.0.0
(2.5.0.1 just links to the same 3.0.0)
…Wait for docker to respond to this

2 Likes

Same here. Everything was working fine until the 3.0.0 update. I tried installing 2.5.0.0 back but now is throwing another error when launching docker. This is very frustrating.

Just got hit with this today.

I faced this issue today and go back to previous version 2.5.0.0 worked for me.

Workaround for 3.0.0: Disabling “Use gRPC FUSE for file sharing” fixes the problem.
More details on the github repo: https://github.com/docker/for-mac/issues/5115

3 Likes

Have same issue. Downgrading to 2.5.0 is solved a problem for me

Same issue here, after the upgrade.

Same issue for me. Downgrading also solved my problem.

It’s work.

Thank you!

thx. That did the trick.

There’s a new update (3.0.1) and it works fine now. Just download 3.0.0 and then check for updates (it’s a delta update, around 60mb only).

I can confirm, after updating to 3.0.1 everything is working as usual