Am new to docker learning putting my head around learning concepts, i have POC to perform based on below request, requesting your valuable inputs if this can be achieved.
- Issue type : Multiple service in one container
- OS Version/build : Ubuntu 18.04/Docker version 19.03.12, build 48a66213fe
- App version : Zabbix 4.2, Zabbix Agent, Postgres latest & Snmpd.
Performed Following steps:
- docker run ubuntu:16.04 -td
- docker exec -it ******* /bin/bash
From inside container following commands executed
#apt install zabbix-server-pgsql zabbix-frontend-php php7.0-pgsql zabbix-agent
#apt-get install postgresql
#apt-get update && apt-get install -yq snmp snmpd
Performed some required config changes to zabbix & postgresql
All service started without any errors and committed the running image with alternate name.
4) Stopped running image and performed docker run with required ports exposed in detached mode.
Able to get Zabbix GUI over host IP but snmpd service is in stopped state always depite starting many times.
IMPORTANT QUESTION TO EXPERTS IS CAN WE RUN CONTAINER AS ABOVE SETUP IF YES ANY SUGGESTION TO BUILD IN PROPER WAY.