Trying to get a better understanding on Docker. Some of the basic questions I am unsure about.
- I can create an environment as an image and then run it in a container?
- If I add to the container and then stop it, my code vanishes?
- If I update an image, it the original image plus + my code but as a new image?
- If I add a rails to a ruby image, then save it as a new image I can use the new “rails” image to create containers and in turn create a rails app? But if I do stop the container it will wipe my app?
- Do I continue using github? I am guessing it’s just for the environment only?
Ideally I would like to create a rails 5 image and create my apps in those but have them easily stick around. I hope my colleagues can download my app and run it in the same image?
I have more questions but I guess I can start here.
Sorry for the beginner questions!