"nvidia-container-cli: initialization error" when using "docker run" command

When I start the Docker Desktop on Windows 10-64bit system and typed the command in PowerShell:
docker run -ti --rm -v D:/final/images:/datasets --gpus all opendronemap/odm:gpu

the error occurred as follows:
docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: Running hook #0:: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: driver error: failed to process request: unknown.

I do not know how to solve this problem. Could you please give me a hand?
Thanks very much!

1 Like

Any idea if your hardware is supported? What if you leave out the --gpus all argument and the :gpu tag?

same problem over here, other platform but on linux ubuntu since the update
docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: Running hook #1:: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: cuda error: unknown error: unknown.

docker-ce-cli/focal,now 5:20.10.10~3-0~ubuntu-focal amd64 [installed,automatic]
docker-ce-rootless-extras/focal,now 5:20.10.10~3-0~ubuntu-focal amd64 [installed,automatic]
docker-ce/focal,now 5:20.10.10~3-0~ubuntu-focal amd64 [installed]
docker-scan-plugin/focal,now 0.9.0~ubuntu-focal amd64 [installed,automatic]
docker/focal,focal,now 1.5-2 all [installed]
nvidia-docker2/now 2.2.2-1 all [installed,local]
python3-docker/focal,focal,now 4.1.0-1 all [installed,automatic]
wmdocker/focal,now 1.5-2 amd64 [installed,automatic]

while trying to run :
sudo docker run --name plex --restart=always --runtime=nvidia --device=/dev/dri/card0:/dev/dri/card0 --device=/dev/dri/renderD128:/dev/dri/renderD128 -e NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=GPU-c087a6b2-c490-80e9-5e1c-142efc3e1a10 -e NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=compute,video,utility ...

is one of those things became incompatible?

What update are you referring to?

why do you think I’ve put the packages installed ?
Because this is the last version which have been released the last days…

Good luck finding help with that attitude.

Mate seriously…. You are asking me a question where you have already the response too. Do you know how much time I need to spend on answering tickets everyday and that’s only for my side projects ?
So yeah sorry if it was a bit brutal but you just demonstrated one single thing, that you don’t read the entire post of someone… so kinda rude on your part don’t you think?