Start the Docker Daemon for all session without login

Hello,

I installed Dorker CE for Windows on a test Windows 2016 server. When the server reboot, the Docker containers start automatically and everything working fine.

If I login to the Windows server, and open a command prompt, and run a docker command I get:

PS C:\Users\User> docker ps
error during connect: Get http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.37/containers/json: open //./pipe/docker_engine: The system cannot find the file specified. In the default daemon configuration on Windows, the docker client must be run elevated to connect. This error may also indicate that the docker daemon is not running.

After couple of minutes, the Docker Daemon (can see the icon in the system tray) start and then I can run Docker command.

Is it possible to make the Docker Daemon is running before I login so it’s available to all sessions? When I run a powershell script using the Autosys agent on the server, I get the same error as above where the Docker Daemon is not available.

Thanks,
Alex

Dear Docker Team, any word on this? This is like 10th question of this kind, that I found on the Internet and NONE of them were answered.

Why you ignore your users? And why do you release crippled software, that is meant to be used in automated non-interactive environments and then you just require it to use some useless, stupid GUI tray-icon app?

C’mon in this state Docker for Windows is just unusable garbage. When will you fix that?