I will start a Swarm cluster and I have a lot of beginner questions.
I have 3 servers (each 32mb, 2 x 900Gb SSD, 4cpu) by the same provider bur in 3 différents datacenter (I have an externe IP but I can link all the servers with an internal IP) and i will make a swarm cluster with this under Debian or Ubuntu. I will used the 3 servers to have a NFS ou other cluster volume.
- which partition can I do on each server ?
- which volume type NFS, Ceph, ClusterFS,… can I make to have this volume ?
- I will used docker for services like PHP, Apache, … but I read sometime the docker is not the best choice for database ?
- For Swarm, I will have 1 manager and 2 workers…If the manager have a issue, one of the 2 worker will himself promote like the new manager ?
- If not than I need 3 manager …so the total of my server will be 5 or I can have only 3 servers and each of them will be a manager and not a workers ?
- If I have more than 1 manager, then I need to have a load-balancer before al there managers…Can I used this like load-balancer (each manager will have 1/3 of the requests) and I need to used only 1 manager and used a other one when the first one have a issue ?
excuse me if I have a lot of questions and maybe stupide one but I will make the good choice before that I start with the installation.