Swarm cluster not working after creation

Expected behavior

I am trying to create a swarm cluster with latest docker-for-azure (azure-v1.13.0-rc4-beta14), the deployment finish right, but the cluster doesn’t start.

docker node ls
Error response from daemon: This node is not a swarm manager. Use "docker swarm init" or "

Actual behavior

swarm-manager000000:~# docker-diagnose
Error response from daemon: This node is not a swarm manager. Use "docker swarm init" or "docker swarm join" to connect this node to swarm and try again.
"docker node inspect" requires at least 1 argument(s).
See 'docker node inspect --help'.

Usage:  docker node inspect [OPTIONS] self|NODE [NODE...]

Display detailed information on one or more nodes
Done requesting diagnostics.
Your diagnostics session ID is 1482759465-FWx27hVt6Zh8ordAsaomIsqHC3Obty8H
Please provide this session ID to the maintainer debugging your issue.

Additional Information

gist with logs from init-azure:

I don’t know if this has relation, but the docker container with the docker4x/logger-azure:azure-v1.13.0-rc4-beta14 image is restarting continuosly

docker logs editions_logger
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/server.py", line 129, in <module>
    azure_log = AzureLog()
  File "/server.py", line 69, in __init__
    self.__key = self.get_storage_key()
  File "/server.py", line 87, in get_storage_key
    tenant=os.environ['TENANT_ID']
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/msrestazure/azure_active_directory.py", line 402, in __init__
    self.set_token()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/msrestazure/azure_active_directory.py", line 433, in set_token
    raise_with_traceback(AuthenticationError, "", err)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/msrest/exceptions.py", line 50, in raise_with_traceback
    raise error
msrest.exceptions.AuthenticationError: , UnauthorizedClientError: (unauthorized_client) AADSTS70001: Application with identifier 'swarm_de_probas' was not found in the directory 1b1064ca-5dde-48cf-810e-35d65c12f3c3
Trace ID: 5e76403f-03b4-4a42-9064-b6e527700444
Correlation ID: eb5be77e-5ab4-478f-b0e9-45dd83297de1

I just made a new installation, with 1 node manager and 2 workers, in North Europe and obtained same behaviour.

Seems that the application is not registering in my AD.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

@alambike Did you create the Azure service principal using docker4x/create-sp-azure as mentioned in https://beta.docker.com/docs/azure/ and copy in the AppID and AppSecret during deployment of the template? Please note that the AppID parameter needs to be set to the GUID that’s printed out as part of execution of create-sp-azure and not the string passed as the sp-name parameter to create-sp-azure. From the error above, I think you may have passed in the string describing the name rather than the GUID.

1 Like

Thanks @ddebroy, I have overlooked that part :flushed:. Up and running now!

I’m also having issues. I did use the App ID and Secret Key during the deployment of the template. This worked one time. However I had to delete the resource group and everything in it. When I redeployed…swarm was inactive on the master…