System freezes when building from Dockerfiles

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated: I am running RHEL 6.6 and and everything worked fine for quite a while. Recently, however, whenever I try to build an image from a Dockerfile, the screen goes black and I get a message as follows (I have omitted a lot of it, possibly something of importance):
general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP
last sysfs file: /sys/module/ipv6/initstate
CPU 7
Modules linked inin: vet fuse ebtable_nat ebtables ipt_addrtype etc
Pid: 6238, comm: docke5r Tainted: P ------------------2.6.32-504.23.4.e16.x86_64 #1 LENOVO 20BHS0QL01/20BHS0QL01
etc
Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception

I realize this is an issue with my machine and not with docker but can anyone give me a hint of how I can correct this? As I said, docker used to work just fine. I can build an image, step by step and then commit, but if I try to do the same with a Dockerfile, it crashes hard

Thanks

If you can upgrade to a newer version of RHEL, I would encourage you to do so. Even for paying commercial support customers we only support RHEL 7 and 7.1 because 6.x became too unstable.

If you must stay on RHEL 6.x then you might want to experiment with older versions of docker to see if they are more stable.

Thanks, I suspected an upgrade might be in order but I don’t think my
company will sanction it. Looks like I’m in store for another adventure,
not the tupe I’d hoped for.
Thanks again\Michael

what kind of dockerfile u try to build? Did u try to build with simplest one? make a dockerfile as simple as posible,re build it. Although I suggest u give more log from system, every linux kernel have a feature to save a log dump before it panic, let start from that first. put all together then we can analyze it…