To run power automate desktop application in docker windows container

I downloaded and installed power automate desktop application successfully in docker windows container but i got error while I register the machine can anyone help me out

No, we can not help you, as you have provided nearly zero context. What do you install where, which versions, what is throwing which error message?

1 Like

If it is a desktop application, you can’t run it in a Windows container as Windows containers don’t support desktop applications.

But yes, @bluepuma77 is absoluetly right. Unless it’s a game where we can guess and in the end we win a car or something, if you have an error message or any info that can help, please share.

1 Like

this my dockerfile

# escape=`

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/windows:ltsc2019

SHELL ["powershell", "-Command", "$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $ProgressPreference = 'SilentlyContinue';"]

RUN curl -o PowerAutomateInstaller.exe https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2102613

ARG SCHOOL_NAME

ARG CONFIG_PATH

COPY ./AllSchools/$SCHOOL_NAME/Config.json $CONFIG_PATH/Config.json

ARG APPLICATION_ID

ARG SECRET_KEY

ARG TENANT_ID

ARG ENVIRONMENT_ID

COPY entrypoint.cmd /entrypoint.cmd

ENTRYPOINT ["/entrypoint.cmd"]

In entrypoint.cmd file i have these two commands
first is to install Power Automate Desktop Application
PowerAutomateInstaller.exe -ArgumentList -Silent -Install -ACCEPTEULA
Second one is to register the machine in silent mode
.\PAD.MachineRegistration.Silent.exe -register -applicationid appid -clientsecret (or -certificatethumbprint thumbprint) -tenantid tenantid -environmentid envid

After running this I dockerfile when i run container it gives me error

.\PAD.MachineRegistration.Silent.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
 operable program or batch file

And when I manually run this command in docker container
.\PAD.MachineRegistration.Silent.exe -register -applicationid appid -clientsecret (or -certificatethumbprint thumbprint) -tenantid tenantid -environmentid envid
it gives me error
Unhandled exception of type Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.MachineRuntime.Application.Machine.MachineRegistrationManagerException

I edited your posts, please, format your posts according to the following guide: How to format your forum posts
In short: please, use </> button to share codes, terminal outputs, error messages or anything that can contain special characters which would be interpreted by the MarkDown filter. Use the preview feature to make sure your text is formatted as you would expect it and check your post after you have sent it so you can still fix it.

Regarding Power Automate, not all applications are supported to run in containers. I don’t know power automate, so I can’t tell. You could ask Microsoft or a Microsoft community if you haven’t done it yet.

That’s because it is not found where you try to run it.

Thank you for your suggestions.