Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Unable to start container on Windows

Hello,
Running Docker Desktop 2.2.0.4 on Windows 10.
I pulled a RedHat container from their site. Here it is listed as a repo:
REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
registry dot redhat dot io/ubi7/ubi latest 0355cd652bd1 3 weeks ago 205MB
hello-world latest fce289e99eb9 15 months ago 1.84kB

Based on what I have been reading, trying to RTFM as a Docker newbie, I should be able to issue:
docker start or run registry dot redhat dot io/ubi7/ubi

And I get this error:
docker start registry dot redhat dot io/ubi7/ubi Error response from daemon: No such container: registry dot redhat dot io/ubi7/ubi
Error: failed to start containers: registry dot redhat dot io/ubi7/ubi

Could this be due to the following:
PS C:\Dockers> docker container ls CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES

Please help me find out what I did wrong?

TIA

Could you please show us the exact commands you entered and format them as code?

As I am a newbie here, I am not able to post names with dots in them as they are interpretted as URLs. There is a 2 link max so I will use ubi7/ubi instead of registry dot redhat dot io/ubi7/ubi:

docker start ubi7/ubi

error during connect: Post http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.40/containers/registry.redhat.io/ubi7/ubi/start: open //./pipe/docker_engine: The system cannot find the file specified. In the default daemon configuration on Windows, the docker client must be run elevated to connect. This error may also indicate that the docker daemon is not running.
Error: failed to start containers: /ubi7/ubi

I checked the Services.msc and it is showing running. I am running the above command in an Admin PS window.

I don’t know how to format as code. Pointer?
Thanks,