Unauthorized: authentication required on build

Hi! I am attempting to build a docker image that uses an internal repository for its base (i.e. FROM <internal registry>/image). I am able to docker login to the registry just fine, and can pull or run the image just fine, but build always fails with unauthorized: authentication required. What might be going in here?

Version 17.03.1-ce-rc1-mac3 (15924)

I have the exact same issue here. I have an internal docker repo (Nexus) with authentication. Pulling and pushing works just fine when logged in, but when trying to build an image that depends on the registry, I get the same error.

I’m running version 17.03.1-ce-mac5 (16048)

Which kind of registry are you using? Are you using the default docker registry, or are you using an alternative like Nexus?

I encountered something similar on today using Nexus and docker. I had not seen this with 13.0. A colleague asked me if I was logged in so I logged out of my repository and back in and things started working. Maybe that’ll help any Nexus users if they see this.
Not sure if there’s something new with the ces or not. I haven’t been keeping up with patch notes.