Use Docker Desktop on VirtualBox machine with Windows 10 pro N

Goodmorning everyone

My name is Moreno, I am Italian 66 years old and I love programming.
I need to create a web application for a voluntary association for which I need Docker.

I apologize first of all for the way in which I try to expose my problem, but not knowing too much the English language I find myself forced to use google traslator for help.

I need to use Docker (I think the correct product is Docker Desktop) on a virtual machine on which I installed “Windows 10 Pro N”
I try to briefly summarize the situation of my laptop.

On the physical Host machine I installed “Windows 10 pro 64 bit”
Hyper-V is NOT active on this machine and therefore I have installed Virtual Box.
Using VirtualBox I created a virtual machine with Windows 10 Pro N on which I installed Docker Desktop.

In the starting phase, Docker notifies me of the following error

Blockquote

Unable to start - The command in execution was interrupted because the preference variable "ErrorActionPreference" or the common parameter is set to Stop: Cannot start 'DockerDesktopVM'.

The 'DockerDesktopVM' virtual machine could not be started because one of the Hyper-V components is not running.

Unable to start 'DockerDesktopVM'. (Virtual machine ID 7DD83CEA-EFC1-4F13-A826-58566EA9A569)

Virtual Machine Management service: the virtual machine 'DockerDesktopVM' cannot be started because one of the Hyper-V components is not running (virtual machine ID 7DD83CEA-EFC1-4F13-A826-58566EA9A569).

in Docker.Core.Pipe.NamedPipeClient. <TrySendAsync> d__5.MoveNext ()
--- End stack trace from previous location where the exception was generated ---
   in System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw ()
   in Docker.Core.Pipe.NamedPipeClient.Send (String action, Object [] parameters)
   in Docker.Actions.DoStart (SynchronizationContext syncCtx, Boolean showWelcomeWindow, Boolean executeAfterStartCleanup)
   in Docker.Actions. <> c__DisplayClass24_0. <Start> b__0 ()
   in Docker.ApiServices.TaskQueuing.TaskQueue. <> c__DisplayClass17_0. <. ctor> b__1 ()

on the virtual machine I activated Hyper-V
How can I solve the problem ?

Can this information be sufficient for you to understand the context of the problem?
I remain available for any clarification.

I am not very familiar with the forum and, therefore, I ask you to be patient and to help me using the forum
Thanks

Moreno

I am not quite sure how you “activated Hyper-V” in the guest when Docker does not see it, but, assuming there is no hardware reason that stopped Hyper-V in the host, you can enable some of the virtualization switches in VirtualBox to “pass through” virtualization capabilities to the guest. Essentially that would be a VirtualBox question.

When I saw your first couple of words I was certain your host was Linux and my answer would be, don’t run Docker Windows, there is no reason, but now that I know you go Win->Win, well, the only reason I can imagine is that you don’t want to mess up your host? It may still be cleaner to have a Linux guest.