New to Docker, please be gentle
I am running Docker for Windows (version 18.09) on Windows Server 2016. I would like to build an image to run a .NET Framework app. Visual Studio 2015 produced the following artifacts
- myapp.deploy.cmd (.bat)
- myapp.SetParameters.xml (configuration parameters)
- myapp.zip (application binaries, DLLs, etc)
Our current deployment procedure on a VM involves running the CMD file which invokes MSDEPLOY with these artifacts as described here.
In order to dockerize this application,
- Which base image should I use, hopefully one that has msdeploy in it already? I see several pre-built images here but not sure which one to use.
- How should I write these steps in the Dockerfile to build the image?
- How can I expose Port 80 to access the app running in the container?