VOLUME : Symlink files without permission, owner, size, change date and undeletable

Hi all,

I came to that Forum to get the origin of a problem that i did not reach to solve. Here it is:

I’m creating a Docker Image in order to have a dev plateform.
In that image, i share (between my host OS Windows 10 and a Ubuntu 16.04 container with VOLUME instruction) a Symfony project which make use of relative symlink for shared ressources like CSS files and JS files.

On build, of the image all is working nicely. But after test on the website hosted in the container, on re-dumping of ressource, the used ressources symlinks goes crazy :smile:. File ain’t got no permission, owner, size, change date and are undeletable.

They are like this:
-??? ? ? ? ? ? fosjsrouting
-??? ? ? ? ? ? metier

Instead of that :
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 50 Jun 13 10:07 fosjsrouting -> …/…/vendor/…
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 50 Jun 13 10:07 metier -> …/…/vendor/…

Did someone knows the problem and the solution?

INFORMATIONS :
Issue type : symlink relative files in VOLUME are without permission, owner, size, change date and undeletable
OS Version/build : Windows 10 Professionnal 1703/15063.332
App version : Version 17.03.1-ce-win12 (12058)
Steps to reproduce : consult webpage hosted in container.

Thanks for help.

Kevin Therage.

P.-S : Sorry if i got a bad english.

I have exactly the same problem.
My docker container run also a symfony app.

My problem is with assets in the web/bundles folder wich contains symbolic llinks.

If a run my docker under a Linux host, there is no problem and everything works well.

Have you find a solution ?

Sorry neiluj, i still ain’t got a “clean” solution. I had the idea to adapt a batch script which will base on git versionned files in order to generate Volumes arguments but i ain’t got the time to make that script.