Why am I getting this error while running Docker Container?

I am following this repository to setup the environment for radar semantic segmentation. GitHub - valeoai/MVRSS

I am using Docker to install all the dependencies. Particularly at step 2, when it comes to running a container, i am facing the following error.

Command:
docker run -d --ipc=host -it -v /home/shahidnawaz/datasets:/home/datasets_local -v /home/shahidnawaz/logs:/home/logs --name mvrss --gpus all mvrss:Dockerfile sleep infinity

Error:
docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error running hook #0: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: Auto-detected mode as ‘legacy’ nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: load library failed: libnvidia-ml.so.1: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory: unknown.

I am new to using these tools, I have already tried different solutions available online. Any help regarding solution would be much appreciated. Thanks.

You are trying to run a 3 year old piece of software and it seems to be missing a library.

Did you build the image using the Dockerfile yourself? Did you upgrade it from Ubuntu 18?

I built the image myself using Dockerfile. I am using Ubuntu 22.04.

Did you update the Dockerfile? Because that uses Ubuntu 18.

yes, i updated the Dockerfile. Additionally, i modified some versions of dependencies as well since the versions mentioned in Dockerfile were not available.

What did you find when you searched for the error message?

Also is it possible to use a GPU with Docker Desktop for Linux as well? I know it is supported on Windows because WSL2 supports it, but I haven’t really used that either. Since Docker Desktop runs a virtual machine, your GPU will probably not exist in the virtual machine, only on the host.