32 bit dll registration is failed in Windows Server Core 2016

Hi,

I have .NET windows standalone application installed on docker windows container . For running the application , have to register one third party dll .Otherwise I will get Activex Component can’t create object error in my application . I am registering the dll through Dockerfile

RUN C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe /S C:\dll\Dfc.dll

it seems to be not registered properly . I am still getting the Activex Component can’t create object error from my application.

even I tried the following line from the forum Windows Application 32 bit COM dll registration but still not registered properly.
RUN Start-Process c:\dll\vbrun60sp6.exe -Wait; Start-Process c:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe -ArgumentList '/s', "c:\dll\Dfc.dll -Wait;
This is blocker for me to proceed further . please suggest how to proceed.

docker version:

Client:
Version: 17.03.1-ce-rc1
API version: 1.27
Go version: go1.7.5
Git commit: 3476dbf
Built: Wed Mar 15 20:33:22 2017
OS/Arch: windows/amd64

Server:
Version: 17.03.1-ce-rc1
API version: 1.27 (minimum version 1.24)
Go version: go1.7.5
Git commit: 3476dbf
Built: Wed Mar 15 20:33:22 2017
OS/Arch: windows/amd64
Experimental: false

Thanks,
Vigneshwari R

Realise this is quite old but I wanted to make sure anyone finding your post knows. You want to use when registering 32 bit DLLs:

C:\Windows\System32\regsvr.exe

That said, I wasn’t able to get that to work on the Windows Server Core 2019 dotnet 4.5 container. The same registration method works perfectly on a normal Windows Server Standard 2019 VM. As an example, I was able to download and register the ASPUpload.dll from Download Aspupload.dll for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP. I was then able to run:

reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes /s /f aspupload

I could see output referring to the DLL.