Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Absolute newbie in Docker world: What is best way to get into using it?

(Xmudrii) #1

Hello Dockers!

I’m following Docker on Social media and see many people use and recommend it I researched what does it do and as far as I see it could help me a lot.

I want to know what would be best way to get into Docker world and after tha learn advanced things about it and master it?

I read somewhere it is not hard to get into it so I want to give it chance.

Written series would be best, but any course would do the job too.

Thanks in advance,
Greetings

(Maapinho) #2

Hi there,
Just like you just started looking at this.

Have alook at this link: blog.docker.com/2016/06/webinar-containerization-virtualization-admin/

Also a quick look at the concepts in this video from Tech Field Day very short and to the point on the basics.

I’m now going through a 3 part self pace training with exercises. Just finished the first one and looks promising.
https://training.docker.com/self-paced-training

Having some Linux konwledge is highly recommended (not my case really)

Good luck

(Xmudrii) #3

Hi.

This looks promising! I will watch links you given, I hope this will help me learn something about Docker.
Docker looks like very helpful utility and I want to know how to use it. :slight_smile:

Also Linux is not a problem, as I use it for about a year, so I think I learned something for that time :smiley:

Thank you very much

(Vadorequest) #4

Didn’t know about the self-paced learning, I’m gonna take a look at that, hope it’ll get me up to speed! :slight_smile: