Alexa & Docker desktop does not respond to my voice after exiting my SSH connection

For this first test only, I am NOT using Docker. I installed NodeRED and alexa-remote2-applestrudel 5.0.48 onto a remote Linux PC.

I then SSH into the linux PC from my host linux PC. I then start NodeRED, initialise Alexa, and then it responds to my custom voice commands. Then I close the SSH connection. And it still responds to my custom voice commands !

Now I do the same as above inside of Docker desktop and again it responds to my voice custom commands. I then close the SSH connection from my host PC and then Alexa no longer responds to my voice commands ?

If I then go back into the remote PC and reinitialise Alexa, it works again until I close the SSH connection.
As a test i setup Alexa to announce " hello " every minute and even after closing the SSH connection this still kept working.

I am not an expert in Linux or Docker so it may be something I am doing wrong, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be welcome.

Hi, I found the solution myself, open a terminal in the remote PC and type …
docker container start <name of your container here>
When I exited the SSH session, Alexa kept working :slight_smile: