Build Linux containers on Docker for Windows Server 2016

Expected behavior

I’d like to build “Linux containers” with Docker on a Windows Server 2016 environment.
I read multiple documentation for it but I am quite confused between all the variety of options and environments that are available on Windows (I am used to work on Linux Ubuntu).

Actual behavior

After installation default OS/architecture for building containers is obviously windows/amd64.
The server which is running docker is not accessible with remote desktop, I can only trigger docker builds remotly and do some powershell commands (non admin permissions).

Information

$ docker info

Client:
 Version:      17.06.2-ee-15
 API version:  1.30
 Go version:   go1.8.7
 Git commit:   64ddfa6
 Built:        Mon Jul  9 23:33:36 2018
 OS/Arch:      windows/amd64
Server:
 Engine:
  Version:      17.06.2-ee-15
  API version:  1.30 (minimum version 1.24)
  Go version:   go1.8.7
  Git commit:   64ddfa6
  Built:        Mon Jul  9 23:45:29 2018
  OS/Arch:      windows/amd64
  Experimental: false
Containers: 2
 Running: 0
 Paused: 0
 Stopped: 2
Server Version: 17.06.2-ee-15
Storage Driver: windowsfilter
 Windows: 
Logging Driver: json-file
Plugins: 
 Volume: local
 Network: l2bridge l2tunnel nat null overlay transparent
 Log: awslogs etwlogs fluentd json-file logentries splunk syslog
Swarm: inactive
Default Isolation: process
Kernel Version: 10.0 14393 (14393.2395.amd64fre.rs1_release_inmarket.180714-1932)
Operating System: Windows Server 2016 Standard
OSType: windows
Architecture: x86_64

Did you follow this documentation? https://blog.docker.com/2017/09/preview-linux-containers-on-windows/

Thanks @artisticcheese for this documentation link, but I though that now Docker for Windows was natively able to switch between linux and windows containers without having to install any other dependency?
Would it be possible to clarify that? or maybe it is only available for a given version of Windows Server…
Thanks

Docker for Windows is separate product from Docker EE and works only on client machines. Linux is being run inside it’s own VM and hence this capability. LinuxKit though which is mentioned above will allow you to run UNIX containers natively in Hyper-V Isolation alongside Windows containers in both Windows Server and Windows 10

Not to be rude but froche asked how he/she could build linux images on Windows Server 2016. Not run them. I’m having the same issue on Windows Server 2019. My question is: is it even possible to BUILD a Linux image/container on a Windows Server 2019 based machine? And then publish it to a Kubernetes cluster from said machine? In a CI/CD pipeline running on Windows Servers this seems to be a fairly common thing to wish for. So, to reiterate: is it possible or not?