Can we use same Image on different Docker Engine versions?

Hi Team,
I have a query, I build a docker image on 19.X Docker Engine version, And I want to use that Image on lower versions of Docker Engine (suppose: 18.X) and start the container will it work smoothly on 18.X and 19.X as well or is there any compatibility issues on 18.X ?

same vice versa, if I build a docker image on 18.X docker Engine and same image I want to test on 19.X version as well it will work on every version smoothly or is there any issue on different versions?

HI Team,
Can I hop answer.??

The oci container image specs are decoupled from the release cycles of the docker engine.There is no version compatibility binding or issue of any sort. They run with every container runtime engine, complient to oci container image specs, like Docker, Containerd, Podman, CRI-O…

Thanks for the replay Metin,
This Means I can use docker images on any docker client/server Engine Version’s right?

True for linux. Almost true for Windows containers: a windows image must exactly match to the host machines kernel. Also true with MacOS, as it will use a hypervisor to run linux containers.

Like I wrote: you don’t even need to use docker!

Thanks For that I am working on Linux OS Only.