Docker commands are not responsive - cannot kill dockerd

Hello!

I’m also affected with the problem that all docker commands are not responsive any longer (ever docker --version) an must be aborted via CTRL+C. So I wanted to try the solution with shutting down the processes, deleting some files and restart.

However, once I killed all processes dockerd ist “magically” started again and spans the processes for the containers als well (docker-proxy). This way I cannot complete the steps above…

I already tried to disable dockerd and containerd services via systemctl but that doesn’t make any difference :frowning:

I’m on Debian bullsye 64 bit (latest patches) and my docker version is also up-to-date. It has been working for months now until I installed the DHCP-plugin and configurated it. After it worked for the first container I changed the docker-compose.yml-files for the others and restarted the docker service. Since then I’ve got the problem…

Has anybody a solution for this?

I moved the topic from the Community category to Open Source Projects » DockerEngine, since the Community category is for asking about the community not from the comminity, which is the purpose of the whole forum. Please, always read the description under the category names before posting.

How exactly did you install Docker? There are so many ways, it is very important to know “which Docker” we are talking about.