Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Docker container (on Windows) configuration file location

docker

(1bit) #1

Hi,

I am working Docker containers on windows and I have faced some issues. It seems I could solved but I must check container configuration. Unfortunately I do not know where is the configuratin file of containers.

I work with Windows Server 2016 TP4 and I found some container files in C:\ProgramData\Docker\containers directory. Although I found some json files inside these directories they are do not contain any configuration entries.

GUID-json.log
config.json
hostconfig.json

Do you know where is the real configuration files which belong to container?

Thank you for your help.

:slightly_smiling:

(1bit) #2

Hi,

I have found them.

Configuration file in Windows: “C:\ProgramData\Docker\Containers<GUID of container>\config.json” és “C:\ProgramData\Docker\Containers<GUID of container>\hostconfig.json“

Notice:
Please make a copy from the configuration files. That could be usefull when yor container does not want to start adfter a Docker host restart. When you meet this message: “Win32 API call returned error r1=2147942452 err=You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. If joining a domain, go to System in Control Panel to change the computer name and try again.” you merely need to overwrite the cinfig files from backup then your container will start correctly.

Read my blog regarding “Docker on Windows”: http://blog.fullsol.net/