Docker Engine stopped

I have installed Docker Desktop For windows on Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.v1083).
After few days, on laptop start up following error has been popping up

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Docker.Core.Features.Features.d__16.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-16070\src\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Core\Features\Features.cs:line 86
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Docker.Core.Features.Features.d__9.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-16070\src\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Core\Features\Features.cs:line 44
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Docker.ApiServices.Update.CliInstaller.d__13.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-16070\src\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\Update\CliInstaller.cs:line 149
at Docker.ApiServices.Update.Updater.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-16070\src\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\Update\Updater.cs:line 85
at Docker.App.d__26.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\PR-16070\src\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Desktop\App.cs:line 115

When tried to Restart the Docker following error would pop up

System.InvalidOperationException:
Failed to deploy distro docker-desktop to C:\Users\jinesh.prakasan\AppData\Local\Docker\wsl\distro: exit code: -1
stdout: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.

Please help to fix this issue.

Hi,

I received the same error. Was it fixed on your side?

I couldn’t find the right fix for the issue. When I re-install the Windows OS and installed the Docker, then I haven’t faced this issue.