Docker Hub in Artifactory Repository Remote

Good morning

I take the liberty of contacting you because I created a remote docker-type repository to retrieve all the images found here: Docker I followed the configuration procedure: JFrog Help Center.

But its not working my repo on artifactory is always empty and therefore when I do “docker pull prefecthq/prefect:2.10 .5-python3.10” it doesn’t work but I think it’s because the repo is empty how do I have to do so that the repo I created can get the images I want and so that I can execute docker pull from another machine which will directly consult the repo in question thanks to the url.

Thanks in advance

That’s rather an Artifactory question, than a docker question.

You can not use prefecthq/prefect:2.10.5-python3.10 on any other registry than Dockerhub. The syntax is [registry/]repo:tag, where [registry/] is optional for Dockerhub and is required for every other registry. Thus said, you need to prefix the repository with the registry, something like docker pull your.artifactory.instance/prefecthq/prefect:2.10.5-python3.10 could be correct. Of course after docker login your.artifactory.instance was executed at least once to authenticate against the registry.

You might want to get in touch with the Artifactory support or an Artifactory support forum.

Hello

Thanks for your answer and for your help

see in my repository i have set this link : Docker

it’s correct or no ?

Can you put into your own words, what I wrote in my last post?

How does sharing a link to a repository on Docker Hub help, when you try to pull the image from your Artifacts Registry that works as a pull-through cache of Docker Hub?