Docker: no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.19044 in the manifest list entries

hello guys,

I’m new to docker and I’m trying to create a container for postgresql to connect to it through node js when I try to run it from the desktop application I get this error message “no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.19044 in the manifest list entries”

and when I try to run this command in the VScode terminal “docker run --name some-postgres -e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=mysecretpassword -d postgres” I get this full log

Unable to find image ‘postgres:latest’ locally
latest: Pulling from library/postgres
docker: no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.19044 in the manifest list entries.
See ‘docker run --help’.

I tried to switch the experimental option to true and I tried to switch off the WSL2 based engine but sill the error exist

I’m on windows 10 and tried to switch to Windows containers but sill the error occurs

thanks in advance

1 Like

By looking at the Docker Hub images available, there’s no Windows container option to run this. You should switch to Linux containers to be able to run this image.

Is it possible to make this change without using docker desktop? I saw several answers using this solution, I’m having the same problem, but I installed it on my windows server 2016 without using docker desktop.

On Windows Server, you have to manually install WSL 2. I have instructions on how to do that here: Using WSL 2 on Windows Server 2022 to run Linux containers - Microsoft Community Hub

1 Like

very good, but my situation really involves a windows server 2016, it’s an on premise server that the company where I work wants me to use for docker and I couldn’t find a way to put wsl on that server. I’ve tried using windows server container modules, but I keep getting errors.

In Windows Server 2016, we only support Windows containers. The alternative for you is to spin up a Linux VM via Hyper-V and run a Linux container on that VM.

I will try this solution, thanks a lot! Helped me a lot.

1 Like