Failed to register layer: re-exec error: exit status 1: output: The system cannot find the file specified

Executing powershell command: docker pull mcr.microsoft.com/businesscentral/sandbox:us-ltsc2019
Windows version 10.0.17763
Docker Desktop version: 2.3.0.3 (45519)

Recently updated the docker version. This removed my containers and images. Didn’t think this would be a major issue. When I execute the docker command above, it does a pull, shows some items already exist and downloads others. Then I receive the error below.

failed to register layer: re-exec error: exit status 1: output: open \?\C:\ProgramData\Docker\windowsfilter\08a34cc5916e58f123577e60af67144102fb3c926351265b00a461a4340ecff9: The system cannot find the file specified.

Prior to the upgrade, it was at least 6 months since the last upgrade, these same commands worked without issue.

What’s the fix? Any guidance is appreciated.

Note; first time posting to this forum, if there’s a standard I did not follow let me know.

Thanks

Update: Went thru the Docker troubleshooting option and did a clean / purge data files. Did the docker pull command again and it successfully downloaded the image.

Looks like this issue is resolved.

1 Like