Failed to register layer: re-exec error: exit status 1: output: Failed to openRelative

I am performing this powershell command:

docker pull Microsoft/windowsservercore:latest

However, I see this error:

failed to register layer: re-exec error: exit status 1: output: Failed to openRelative failed in Win32: open \?\E:\Docker\windowsfilter\2cb5f8110c23b
2dbd0c7cf9d519e37ed153dbab4d73b16960171e38364b13d6d\Files: Access is denied. (0x1f) Files

Additional information:

1. I have a daemon.json located in C:\ProgramData\docker\config\
  2. The contents of the file is:
    {
    “data-root”: “e:\docker”
    }

Any thoughts? Any help would be great…Thank you!

Blockquote

Some more info:

I am able to run docker container run hello-world:nanoserver when the daemon.json file with the e:\docker reference is removed. But when I put the file back, I see the same "failed to register layer: re-exec error: exit status 1: output: Failed to openRelative " error.

Error/Issue: C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\resources\bin\docker.exe: failed to register layer: re-exec error: exit status 1: output: Failed to safefile.OpenRelative failed in Win32: open \?\C:\ProgramData\Docker\windowsfilter\****\var\lib\dpkg\info\e2fslibs:amd64.list: path contains invalid character : (0x1f) var\lib\dpkg\info\e2fslibs:amd64.list.

OS Version/build : Windows 10 E

App version: 19.12.1

Steps to reproduce: Facing above error when running “docker pull quay.io/mongodb/charts:19.12.1

When I tried to find “e2fslibs:amd64.list” inside folders, it was not there.

Could anyone please help me…

Thanks in advance!