Help to create image in my repo

Hi
I have create a repository on docker hub with the name “jip34”
I would like to pull and push the python image in my repo from https://labs.play-with-docker.co
first, is it possible or not?
and if yes, is anybody cant explain me the steps and ideally the command to do this please?

You can push it with docker push if you gave it the right tag. If you didn’t, you need to retag it with docker tag. You also need to log in, so you need docker login, which means you will have your password saved on the Docker playground which is not recommended I think, but you can log out after you pushed your image.

sorry but I am rookie and I dont understand
from https://labs.play-with-docker.com/, I am login to docker hub using my credentials and it works
then, I pull the python image with docker pull python
now I try to push the image with docker push python but i have an error “authentification required”
so why I have this message?
thanks

Please share the exact chain of commands you used, so we can see what and how you did things and can see what needs to be done differently.

Note: make sure to anonymize the docker login password and leave everything else as is!

You can see that I have an error when I push the image because it asks me “authentification required” even if i am already authentified…

is anybody canhelp please?

If you can share what @meyay asked for without uploading a docx and instead of that sharing the commands directly in the post, your question will get more attention. You know, people don’t like clicking on links they don’t know and definitley don’t like downloading files from those sites. :slight_smile:

Here is the command i use :

docker login (login succeeded)
docker pull python
docker push python

but after this i have the error message below :
denied : requested access to the ressource is denied
unothorized : authentiation required

Those are the actual pull and push commands?
Why would you expect to be allowed to push images to the python repository? Are you the owner or a member of the owning organization?

Yes
I try to push the python image in my own repository in docker hub…

Actually you try to push it to the official python repo.

In order to push it to your own repo, you need to tag the image, so it matches YOUR python repo:

docker tag python:latest jip31/python:latest
docker push jip31/python:latest

thanks it works!!! :grinning: