Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Can not push Image to DockerHub

Hi

I am not able to push image to my repository in DockerHub
First I try done this without creating in the DockerHub Repository and later I try with creating one(shlomidahan), I try manny suggestions from forum not helped login…
In both i am getting famous error i saw here: denied: requested access to the resource is denied

shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~ **docker image build -t shlomidahan/hello-world:v1.0 .** Sending build context to Docker daemon 46.59kB Step 1/7 : FROM alpine:latest ---> a187dde48cd2 Step 2/7 : RUN apk update && apk add nodejs ---> Running in fd0b3dc09878 . . shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~ docker image ls
REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
shlomidahan/hello-world v1.0 5098a02dd07a 51 seconds ago 39MB
alpine latest a187dde48cd2 3 weeks ago 5.6MB
shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~ **docker push shlomidahan/hello-world:v1.0** The push refers to repository [docker.io/shlomidahan/hello-world] 676075e96975: Preparing 1e8f7dc72430: Preparing 7c139ca695eb: Preparing beee9f30bc1f: Preparing **denied: requested access to the resource is denied** shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~

Thanks in advace
Shlomi Dahan

you need to docker login before pushing :wink: otherwise anybody would be allowed to overwrite your images, that would be nasty

Hi
Thanks for reply , I done but still same :slightly_smiling_face:

shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~ docker login Authenticating with existing credentials... WARNING! Your password will be stored unencrypted in /home/shlomi_d100_gmail_com/.docker/config.json. Configure a credential helper to remove this warning. See https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/login/#credentials-store Login Succeeded shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~ docker push shlomidahan/hello-world:v1.0
The push refers to repository [docker.io/shlomidahan/hello-world]
676075e96975: Preparing
1e8f7dc72430: Preparing
7c139ca695eb: Preparing
beee9f30bc1f: Preparing
denied: requested access to the resource is denied
shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~$

– I did logout and login again but still:

shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~ docker login Login with your Docker ID to push and pull images from Docker Hub. If you don't have a Docker ID, head over to https://hub.docker.com to create one. Username: shlomid100 Password: WARNING! Your password will be stored unencrypted in /home/shlomi_d100_gmail_com/.docker/config.json. Configure a credential helper to remove this warning. See https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/login/#credentials-store Login Succeeded shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~ docker push shlomidahan/hello-world:v1.0
The push refers to repository [docker.io/shlomidahan/hello-world]
676075e96975: Preparing
1e8f7dc72430: Preparing
7c139ca695eb: Preparing
beee9f30bc1f: Preparing
denied: requested access to the resource is denied
shlomi_d100_gmail_com@app-ws:~$

Thanks in advanced :slight_smile:

We´re atleast two other persons experiencing the same “problem”.

Hi

I did again login and works fine to me :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot

Shlomi Dahan