I’m tring to build my first contair and I looking for the best approach to do that.
My containar should run only one service.
On linux environment, the service is installed running a bash script that perfom the installation.
I created a docker file that do these things:
- ADD the installation tar file
- COPY and entrypoint script
- RUN the entrypoint.
The entrypoint script:
- Check if the service is already installed,
- Otherwise install the serivice
My questions are:
- Is this the correct approach to buil a container? O should I first install the service on my pc and than copy into the containter?
- After the installation and every time I run the container, the container stop immediatly because the process run in background.
Thnaks in advance for the help.