Just now learned about Docker (What is the best practice for someone new to Docker?)

Hello, Everyone.
I am new to Docker but not to Linux. (I just found out about it today.)
I am running Ubuntu 22.04.4-LSA.
I primarily use Linux for NGinx, HLS, and Liquidsoap to run a radio station.

What I would like to know is the following.
I read that Docker is a container you work in.
You install the required apps in the container using dockerfile or other methods.
In my case, Nginx, HLS, and Liquidsoap would be installed and run in a container.

What would be the best practice for someone new to Docker to set up a new Ubuntu installation and Docker to accomplish the above?
I have Ubuntu and Docker already installed and ready to test out.

Thank you.

Learning. Sorry, but it really is. There is no other best practice. If you know what you want exactly, you can ask more specific questions and you can get better help. I can share the template I made for recommended links. The most important thing you need to know is that a container is not a virtual machine and you can’t treat it as such. Containers run a couple of processes without systemd, usually a single process and its forks. Use official base images and learn how to define the command that has to run in the container.

Recommended links to learn the basics and concepts:

The last link is (currently) about Docker Desktop which is Docker CE in a virtual machine whith a GUI.